The Curriculum Vision for Geography
|Autumn 1||Autumn 2||Spring 1||Spring 2||Summer 1||Summer 2|
|Unit 1: What is a Geographer?
|Unit 2: How do we use our planet as a natural resource?||Unit 3: What is an economy?||Unit 4: What is weather and climate?||Unit 5: Is the geography a curse or benefit?||School-based
Unit One: Introduction to Geography.
- What is geography?
- How can geography be categorised.
- Locating continents and oceans.
- ASSESSMENT: Short knowledge test on introduction to Geography unit
Unit Two: Our planet as a natural resource.
- What are Rocks?
- Why are soils so important?
- What is a biosphere?
- Why are we so dependent on oil?
- What can generate electricity?
Unit Three: What is an economy?
- From local to Global
- Why are Nissan in the UK?
- Why is the tertiary sector increasing?
- How do countries trade with each other?
Unit Four: What is Weather and Climate?
- How do we measure weather?
- What are clouds?
- Air pressure and anti-cyclones.
- How to conduct a weather enquiry.
- Climate zones of the world.
Unit Five: The Geography of Russia…a curse or benefit?
- The physical landscape of Russia.
- The Russian climate.
- What biomes are in Russia?
- Where do people live in Russia?
- What is GIS and how to use it in Russia
Please note this information will be added in due course…